The first thing you'll see when you open the Ventra app on your smartphone is a screen that allows you to log in to your Ventra account or create a new one. Creating an account is free and it’s easy and allows you to take full advantage of all the app’s features. (You can proceed as a guest, but that only allows you to use the app's trip tools).
- For Metra customers, it allows you to store your credit or debit cards, or transit benefits debit card, so you don’t have to enter the information every time you buy a Metra mobile ticket.
- It allows you to split your payment between two cards – handy for those who use a pre-tax transit benefits debit card that does not cover the full cost of a monthly pass.
- It allows you to recover your mobile tickets if your phone is lost, stolen, damaged or replaced.
- It allows you to use a Ventra card to buy Metra tickets (but a Ventra card is not required – you can just use any credit or debit cards if you prefer).
- For CTA and Pace customers who use a Ventra card, it allows you to manage your Ventra card’s transit accounts. For instance, you can check your balance, add value, add passes, get account notifications and more.
- You can even store your favorite train and bus routes for quick access to transit tracker information.