Use the Ventra App to Buy Link-Up or PlusBus Passes
- If you don’t have a Ventra card yet, buy one online, from any Ventra vending machine at a CTA rail station or from more than 1,300 Ventra retail locations. The cost of a new card is $5, but this is refunded to you as Ventra transit value when you register your card within 90 days of purchase. (You can apply this value toward the purchase of a pass, rides on CTA or Pace or even toward the purchase of a Metra mobile ticket in the Ventra App.)
- Next, register your new Ventra card in your Ventra account, or create a Ventra account in the Ventra App and register the card.
- Once you have a Ventra card registered with your Ventra account, you’re ready to buy a Link-Up or PlusBus pass. First, buy a Metra mobile monthly pass.
- Once you complete that process, the new Monthly Pass will appear on in the "Tickets" section (select "Tickets" in the bottom right corner of the home screen).
- At the bottom of the Tickets page will be a prompt for you to "Add a Link-Up or PlusBus pass." Click on the link and you’ll be asked to select the Ventra card you want to use for that pass.
- Next, select which pass you want, and then select “Checkout.”
- You’ll be asked for the select your payment method. The options will include any credit or debit cards (including pre-tax transit benefits debit cards) or Ventra transit value affiliated with your Ventra account. You can even choose to split the payment between two cards.
- Once you’ve paid, your Ventra card will be loaded with the pass you selected. Use it to pay your fare when boarding CTA buses or trains in rush hours or Pace buses anytime.